Key Facts about Flooding and Flood Insurance
· Flooding can happen anywhere at any time.
· In the past 5 years, all 50 states have experienced floods or flash floods.
· There is at least a 1 in 4 chance that a home in a high-risk area will experience a flood during the course of a 30-year mortgage.
· Most homeowner insurance policies do not cover damage due to flooding.
· Changes such as new land development can increase flood risk, especially if the construction alters natural runoff paths. Everyone is at risk.
· More than 20 percent of all NFIP claims occur in moderate- to low-risk areas.
· There typically is a 30-day waiting period before a flood insurance policy will go into effect.
Contact Calfee Insurance Agency. Authorized Progressive Agency located on Cape Cod.
336 Gifford St.